Tier Validity Extension for Premier Plus and Premier Members and FlyerBonus Program Changes Effective 1 April 2022
Tier Validity Extension for Premier Plus and Premier Members
The FlyerBonus programme is pleased to advise Premier and Premier Plus members of a tier status validity extension. Dated 12 November 2021, the announcement pertains to the following:
- Premier Plus members whose qualifying tier status* is due to expire in April 2022 will have it automatically extended to April 2023
- Premier members whose qualifying tier status* is due to expire in April 2022 will have it automatically extended to April 2023
From April 2023, the next tier qualifying rules will once again adhere to the FlyerBonus Programme’s Terms and Conditions.
The status validity extension is reserved for eligible Premier Plus and Premier members only who have achieved tier qualification and satisfied the membership level criteria of the FlyerBonus programme. The process of determining validity extension will be performed automatically post-expiry of the current status. Members are not required to contact FlyerBonus for any assistance in this regard.
Effective 01 April 2022, award points accrued after 31 March 2022 will remain valid for a period of 3 years, post-activity, and expire on the last day of the twelfth (12th) quarter thereafter. Points accrued in any quarter of a given year will expire at the end of the same quarter in the third successive year, as per the following table:
|Points Accrual Period||Points Expiration Date|
|1 April 2022 - 30 June 2022||30 June 2025|
|1 July 2022 - 30 September 2022||30 September 2025|
|1 October 2022 - 31 December 2022||31 December 2025|
|1 January 2023 - 31 March 2023||31 March 2026|
- Points accrued from travel activity on 31 Mar 2022 will remain valid until 31 December 2025 (Former Rules)
- Points accrued from travel activity on 29 June 2022 will remain valid until 30 June 2025 (New Rules)
- Points accrued from travel activity on 1 July 2022 will remain valid until 30 September 2025 (New Rules)